Current Job Vacancies
We are really pleased to be able to offer an opportunity to those aged 18-21 to join us on a National Apprenticeship Scheme, providing an opportunity to work within the manufacturing industry whilst also continuing with study to gain a nationally recognized qualification.
As part of this Apprenticeship you will develop knowledge of timber products and other materials used to produce our buildings. You will learn how to operate power tools and associated machinery in a safe and competent way and gain an understanding of Health & Safety processes in the work place.
Throughout the Apprenticeship you will be encouraged and supported to work across all areas of the production process including Framing, Cladding, Finishing, Spraying and Joinery. Alongside this you will be working towards completing the standards of the ‘wood products manufacturing operative apprenticeship’, which we are delivering in tandem with Didac (a National Training Provider for this scheme).
Working hours are Monday to Friday - 8:00 - 16:30
Salary: £6.56 per hour
We are now seeking to recruit a Multi Skilled Factory Cleaner to work at our recently expanded production site in Narborough.
This role will involve general cleaning and basic maintenance of the site & facilities, looking after all factory machinery and racking, carrying out weekly and daily checks and tasks.
- Keep all operational areas clean and to a high standard, this will include warehouse, factory floor and the perimeter of the building
- Cleaning down of all factory machinery during and at the end of the day
- Removal and recycling of all waste products
- Handling cleaning materials as per COSHH training and regulations
- Reporting to the Facilities Manager in regard to concerns over hygiene or safety issues
- Comply with the Factory Cleaning Schedule
- Record all completed tasks on relevant sign off sheets
- Work efficiently and complete additional tasks as required
Ideally you will have;
Experience of working within a factory environment
- Good practical skills
- The ability to work quickly and methodically within a team environment and follow instructions
- An awareness and understanding of Health and safety policies in the workplace
- Good level of understanding of the English language
- Willing to take on any additional training to increase skills and experience
- A fork lift truck licence would be an advantage but not essential
- Basic salary relevant to experience
- Opportunity to work overtime
- Excellent staff facilities with tea, coffee and fresh fruit provided daily
- Contributory pension scheme
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays, 5 days must be taken in December for Christmas shut down
Usual working week is 40hrs Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm though some flexibility will be required to align with production schedules and occasional Saturdays
Salary: £9 per hour