Framing & Cladding Operative
We are currently recruiting for staff to join our framing and cladding team. This is a physical role and would suit someone who is looking for a fast-paced manufacturing and production role.
As a Factory Assembler you will be responsible for making timber frames and cladding them with boards to construct individual panels as part of the manufacturing process. This is a ‘hands on’ role that involves kneeling and bending for long periods of time and working at low levels as part of the process.
Experience using power tools including Drills, Hand/Air Tools/Staple Guns, Screw Guns would be an advantage, but not essential as full training will be given.
Main Duties and requirements of the Assembler role include:
- Following manufacturing drawings and instructions to timber build frames & panels.
- Working at pace as part of a team to ensure orders are completed on time
- An eye for detail, focused on delivering a quality finish.
- Competent working with measurements and dimensions
- Ability to use power tools
- Common sense and sound judgement in practical matters
- Good communication skills, self-confidence and an ability to work to deadlines
- Able to lift and maneuver large panels as part of the assembly process.
- Flexible to work and assist other areas of the factory as required.
- Weekly pay
- Opportunity to work overtime(Time qtr & Double time)
- Excellent staff facilities with regular paid tea / coffee breaks
- Work wear and boots provided.
- Contributory pension scheme
- 28 days annual holiday including Bank Holidays.
- Opportunities to complete further training to progress within the company
Working hours are Monday to Friday based on a 40-hour week with half an hour lunch break.
We are currently operating staggered start times due to COVID-19 and social distancing restrictions.
- 0600 – 14.30
- 0700 – 15.03
- 0800 – 16.30
- Occasional Saturdays may be required during peak season
Salary: £9.30 - £10 per hour