We are looking to recruit an Accounts / Finance Assistant to join our Head Office support team. Reporting directly into the Finance Manager and working alongside the Senior Finance Assistant this role provides transactional and administrative support to the Finance team. Ensuring that purchase and sales ledger records are up to date and all processes work effectively.
- Code and input supplier invoices.
- Match delivery notes to invoices.
- Obtain authorisation of supplier invoices ensuring they agree to authorisation levels.
- Manage online supplier accounts e.g. Amazon
- Prepare supplier payments for review.
- Prepare, code and export Credit Card Statements into Sage
- Sage50 Administration.
- Assist other teams with purchasing and payment queries.
- Upload Sales invoices and Credit notes and enter receipts from Athena.
- Maintain debtor’s ledger to ensure it is up to date.
- Process expense claims ensuring all relevant supporting documents accompanied.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly wages.
- Input into the accruals and prepayments schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of period end journals and period End reconciliations
- General administration and ad hoc projects.
Skills and Attributes
- Experience working in a Finance or Payroll team.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, with a flexible approach to meet changing workloads.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and other commonly used office packages, including SharePoint and Teams.
- Sage50 Accounts and Sage Payroll experience is desirable.
- Strong IT and typing skills with an eye for detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
Rewards & Benefits
- Basic salary linked to experience
- On-site parking
- Fantastic staff facilities, with regular tea / coffee breaks
- 28 days annual holiday (including bank holidays)
- Contributory Pension scheme
- A friendly and Supportive working environment
- Support to complete further qualifications (AAT)
- Opportunities for hybrid working (3 days office / 2 days home working)
Usual working week is 40hrs Mon – Friday – 8.30am – 5pm
Salary: £22k - £25k plus benefits