Building Installer / Fitter
We have been manufacturing and selling high quality timber buildings for over 45 years. Our Garden Studios and Summerhouses are sold through a network of show sites across the UK and delivered and built for the customer by our teams of professional installers. Due to the continued growth of the business we are looking for skilled trades people to join the team.
As an Ideal candidate you will need the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience and knowledge of DIY/construction/carpentry
- A good level of understanding about working with timber, metal bracketry and fixings
- The ability to use power tools, drills, saws etc.
- Competent at working with measurements and dimensions with a good eye for detail
- A good personality and confident communication skills are essential as you will be interacting directly with the customer
- Must be physically strong and fit - you will be lifting and carrying heavy items at 2m or 5m wide (with another operative)
- Understanding of health and safety regulations
- Be able to use ladders safely and work at heights
- Working in all weathers, outdoors all year round
- Prepared to stay away for up to 4 nights a week (accommodation is provided) and travel long distances
In reward for your skills we offer:
- Salary linked to performance
- Opportunities to work overtime
- Contributory pension scheme
- Daily food allowance
- Work wear and boots provided
- The opportunity to progress and develop a career within the company
Usual working week is 40 hours - Monday to Friday however you may be required to work longer during peak season.
As this role involves working directly with the general public an enhanced DBS check will be carried out prior to appointment.
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000